In addition to the EOS R5 1.1 firmware update, Canon has also released firmware version 1.2 for the Canon 1D X Mark III. The new firmware improves a number of features and addresses a handful of bug fixes for Canon’s flagship DSLR.
Specifically, Canon says firmware version 1.2 improves face and eye recognition autofocus (AF) at greater distances, improves FTP connectivity during transmission and improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Canon EFT-E9 Wireless File Transmitter.
Canon has also improved the experience when using the Browser Remote and addressed a number of ‘phenomenons’ — AKA bugs — that can occur during viewfinder shooting when specific settings are selected. You can see a full list of the bug fixes in the changelog below.
Firmware version 1.2.0 for the Canon 1DX Mark III is available to download from Canon’s product page.
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- Enhancements when using Browser Remote:
- The image list displayed will be refreshed automatically on the browser.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can set the movie resolution and a high frame rate.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, you can change the movie shooting mode.
- On the shooting screen of the browser, Live View will be displayed as soon as you select the movie shooting button.
- Enhances Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may occur during viewfinder shooting, in which the shutter may not be released or the camera may not operate in the following settings:
- In One-Shot AF mode, when the AF Area Selection Mode is set as Zone AF, Large Zone AF or Automatic Selection AF.
- In AI Servo AF, when direct AF point selection is made using the smart controller.
- When the Register/Recall Shooting Function is assigned to the AE Lock button, in the Custom Controls.
- Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
- Improves Wi-Fi connectivity when using the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E9.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer when using certain CFexpress cards.
Author: Go to Source