Hasselblad has announced the general availability of its 907X 50C medium format camera kit, as well as the accessory grip and optical viewfinder. The camera was introduced over a year ago, and up until now a limited edition Moon Landing kit was the only way to get one – but those sold out pretty quickly.
The standard production 907X body with the CFV II 50C back will cost €6590 / £5990 / CNY¥48000 including tax / $6399 excluding sales tax and will ship at the end of August. The 907X Control Grip will be of €749 / £679 / CNY¥5990 / $729 (no US tax) and the optical finder €499 / £459 / CNY¥3990 / $499. The limited edition Moon-Landing kit that came in a matt black finish with black trim cost $7500/ €7475/ £6990.
The 907X camera body accepts lenses from the XCD range designed for the X1D series cameras but can also use the HC/HCD, V system and XPan lenses via adapters. The CFV II 50C back features a 50MP sensor, dual SD card slots, USB-C and Wi-Fi as well as the ability to record 2.7K video. For more information see the Hasselblad website.
Press information – For immediate release Gothenburg, Sweden 12 August 2020
HASSELBLAD 907 X 50 C NOW AVAILABLE
COMBINING OUR LEGACY WITH YOUR FUTURE
A UNIQUE PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERIENCE WITH FULL SYSTEM MODULARITY
Introduced as a concept in June 2019 and now available to purchase, the 907X 50C mirrorless medium format digital camera is comprised of the modernized CFV II 50C digital back and the brand new 907X camera body, connecting Hasselblad’s photographic legacy and future into one system.
With an outstanding medium format 50-megapixel CMOS sensor (43.8 x 32.9 mm), the CFV II 50C digital back enables use with most V System cameras made from 1957 and onwards in addition to third party technical or view cameras. The CFV II 50C features a brilliant 3.2in 2.4M dot tilting rear display with full touch support and Hasselblad’s renowned user interface for settings, image review, and menu navigation. Users of previous CFV digital backs will appreciate the new fully integrated battery design, the same used on the X System, which reduces overall size and with the option to recharge in-camera via the USB-C port. Combining its iconic aesthetics with a chrome edge body finish in addition to modern technology, the CFV II 50C gives a nod to Hasselblad’s history combined with the brand’s world-renowned image quality.
Coupling the CFV II 50C with the 907X, Hasselblad’s smallest medium format camera body ever, creates a highly compact package. This combination offers a truly distinct photographic experience, including the classic waist-level shooting style of the V System enabled by the CFV II 50C’s tilt screen. With the 907X, the photographer gains access to all of the high-quality X System Lenses in addition to a vast range of Hasselblad optics via adapters, including the H System, V System, and XPan Lenses. In addition, the 907X enables compatibility with a wide range of third-party adapters and lenses. Accessories that beautifully complement the combination include the 907X Control Grip and 907X Optical Viewfinder.
Key features for the 907X 50C:
• Large medium format 50MP 43.8 x 32.9 mm CMOS sensor
• 14 stops of dynamic range
• Hasselblad HNCS
• Captures 16-bit RAW images and full-resolution JPEGs
• High-resolution 3.2-inch 2.4M dot touch and tilt screen
• Smooth live view experience with a high frame rate of 60fps
• Video: 2.7k (2720 x 1530) and Full HD (1920 x 1080) / Video covers full sensor width in a 16:9 ratio
• Intuitive user interface with swipe and pinch touch controls
• Internal battery slot with the option to recharge in-camera via the USB-C port (same battery used on the X System)
• Compatibility with most V System cameras made from 1957 and onwards in addition to third party technical or view cameras
• Full compatibility with all XCD Lenses
• Full compatibility with HC/HCD Lenses including AF with optional XH Lens Adapter (manual focus only with HC 120 Macro and HC 120 Macro II)
• Compatibility with V System Lenses, XPan Lenses, and third-party lenses using XV, XPan and third-party lens adapters, respectively
• Dual UHS-II SD card slots
• Audio in/out connectors
• Flash in/out connectors
• Integrated Wi-Fi connectivity and USB-C connection, enabling tethered shooting
• Portable workflow with Phocus Mobile 2 support*
• Optional accessories, including chrome finished 907X Control Grip for quick access to main image functions and 907X Optical Viewfinder for convenient eye-level shooting
• 907X ultra-thin and lightweight body converts CFV II 50C digital back into digital SWC
• 907X 50C weight: 740 g (CFV II 50C: 540 g / 907X Camera Body: 200 g)
The 907X 50C has an MSRP of €6590 / £5990 / CNY¥48000 including VAT and $6399 excluding sales tax.
The 907X Control Grip has an MSRP of €749 / £679 / CNY¥5990 including VAT and $729 excluding sales tax.
The 907X Optical Viewfinder has an MSRP of €499 / £459 / CNY¥3990 including VAT and $499 excluding
All products are available to order today, and shipping will begin from the end of August. Visit www.hasselblad.com/cfv-ii-50c-907x/ to see more about the 907X 50C.
*Update for Phocus Mobile 2 for iPad and a brand new Phocus Mobile 2 for iPhone to be released soon. This update for Phocus Mobile 2 will enable Live View, allowing for Focus Peaking, control of Depth-of- Field, setting AF area positioning and the ability to simulate exposure, all from the Live View screen in Phocus Mobile 2.
Author: Go to Source