Videographers waiting to be able to record 5.9K ProRes Raw video footage from the Lumix S1H to their Atomos Ninja V will have to wait a bit longer as statements from both camera and recorder manufacturers have confirmed that while the expected firmware release will go ahead on Monday, May 25, Raw video won’t be included.
Atomos says a technical issue is the cause and that the delay will be ‘slight,’ while Panasonic concentrates on the other new features firmware v2.0 will bring to users. Both companies say they’re working together to rectify the problem.
There’s no indication what the problem is, but only that it cropped up in beta testing and that both companies want to ensure recording quality is at its best before the firmware is released. A new release date for the raw video feature will be announced ‘shortly.’
|Firmware V2.0 for the Panasonic S1H adds ProRes Raw video capture capability when paired with an Atomos Ninja V recorder.|
While the v2.0 firmware won’t have its headline feature when released on Monday, it will still offer these new features:
LUMIX S1H Firmware Version 2.0 (*RAW video data output function is not included.)
- Down converted output over HDMI during [6K]/[5.9K]/[5.4K] video recording is available.
- In Creative Video mode, it is now possible to disable the operation of starting/stopping video recording by pressing a shutter button.
- In Creative Video mode, it is now possible to set [Rec Quality (My List)] from the control panel.
- The value of noise reduction in [V-Log] in Photo Style has been expanded to [-1], designed to suppress ghosting or afterimages that could have previously occurred in some situations.
- It is possible to prevent the enlarged view window of MF Assist to be output over HDMI.
- There were cases where colour banding appeared in 4:2:0/10-bit video recording in some situations. This bug has been minimised.
- There were cases where the REC RUN time code did not count up when the video was not recorded on an SD Memory Card but was recorded on an external device over HDMI. This bug has been fixed.
- It is now possible to set [AF+MF] in AFC mode.
- It is now possible to assign functions to the lens’ Fn buttons when the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
- It is now possible to assign function to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses.
- When attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter and [Image Stabilizer] > [Lens] is set to ON , Body I.S. (Image Stabiliser) suppresses roll movement.
- [Backlight Illumination Period] has been added to the menu of Status LCD. [ON1] prevents the LCD backlight to be turned off.
- It is now possible to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera RAW processing.
- [0.5 SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
- [Off (Disable Press and Hold)] can be assigned to the Fn button. It disables operation when the button is long-pressed.
- The Fn button can be used for checking aperture effect while the button is pressed.
- To prevent improper operation, touch-control is disabled for [Delete All] operation in playback mode. Only cursor buttons can be used for [Delete All] operation.
- There were rare cases where the camera froze during [Segmented File Recording] or during recording at 400 Mbps under a particular set of conditions including the type of SD Card used. This phenomenon has been improved.
- Aperture and shutter speed can be controlled using front/rear dials when the rear monitor is set to OFF.
- There were cases where F stop value control failed depending on the maximum F stop value when non-Panasonic L-Mount lens is mounted. This bug has been fixed.
The new firmware will be downloadable for free via the Panasonic Japan support pages.
Atomos press release:
Atomos Ninja V and LUMIX S1H RAW firmware delay
The firmware updates enabling the much-anticipated Atomos Ninja V and Panasonic LUMIX S1H RAW over HDMI combination have unfortunately been slightly delayed from the original 25th May release schedule, to ensure the highest possible level of RAW recording.
An unforeseen technical issue has come to light in the final rounds of beta testing that needs rectification prior to shipping. The companies are working together to complete the development as soon as possible. We apologise to our mutual customers waiting for the functions this release enables.
Please note that Panasonic will be releasing Ver 2.0 firmware on May 25th with various improvements to camera functions, however will not include the planned RAW HDMI output feature. Atomos will release its Ninja V AtomOS for LUMIX S1H HDMI RAW in-line with Panasonic’s RAW output firmware.
Author: Go to Source