Sony has released its latest firmware update for the a9II, bringing with it a collection of new and improved features.
Starting with what’s new, firmware version 2.00 for the Sony a9 II adds a new ‘Hi Frequency Flicker’ function that helps to ‘reduce the impact of flickering of artificial light sources (e.g. digital signage, electronic signboards, LED lights, etc.), by more finely adjusting the shutter speed.’ Also added is a new function that will close the shutter when you turn off the camera to minimize the chance of dirt or dust getting on the image sensor.
Sony has also added the ability to assign the Face/Eye Priority autofocus setting to a custom key that will activate and deactivate the setting when pressed. Those who already have Face/Eye Priority set to a custom key will be able to deactivate it with that same button after the 2.00 update is complete.
Other improvements include updates to the Remote Camera Tool function, improved FTP transfers, the option to display the camera’s MAC address as a QR code and other improvements that should improve the overall stability of the camera.
Sony also notes that the Image Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile and Remote Camera Tool will no longer be supported after tomorrow, April 9, but doesn’t elaborate on what exactly that means going forward. We have contacted Sony and will clarify these details when we receive a response.
Benefits and Improvements from the [2.00] update
- Adds the Hi Frequency flicker function, which allows you to reduce the impact of flickering of artificial light sources (e.g. digital signage, electronic signboards, LED lights, etc.), by more finely adjusting the shutter speed
NOTE: The Imaging Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile, and Remote Camera Tool software will not be supported after April 9th, 2020
- Improves the Face/Eye Priority in the AF function:
- When set to a custom key, the Face/Eye Priority in the AF function can be activated or deactivated each time the custom key is pressed
- If Face/Eye Priorityis already set to custom key, this improvement will be available after the camera is updated
- Improves the Remote Camera Tool function by adding support for displaying Focus Frame for almost all scenes
NOTE: Version 2.00 (or later) of the Remote Camera Tool is required. Please update to the latest version.
- Improves the FTP transfer function
- Allows the camera’s MAC address to be displayed as a QR code
- Adds a function to close the shutter when you turn off the camera to prevent dust or debris from adhering to the image sensor when you change lenses
- Allows you to save or load the customized camera settings to My MENU
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
For updated function usage and additional information, please refer to the ILCE-9M2 Help Guide. Additionally, a revision has been made to the instruction manual according to this update. The latest version of the instruction manual can be downloaded from referenced website.
Author: Go to Source