In addition to its Robotic Camera System CR-S700R and Photo Culling plugin for Adobe Lightroom Classic, Canon has also announced it will be launching a new photographer matching service in the United States.
The service, called Image Connect, will use Canon’s RAISE photo community platform to connect customers with professional photographers. The process will go as follows, according to Canon:
- Through the platform, customers can provide basic details for the job, such as event type, location, and date
- Once photographers are matched with the customer through the platform, customers review photographer profiles and invite those they like to bid on the job
- Photographers create an offer which allows them to set their own price (rather than adhering to standardized pricing) and allows them to communicate their rates and value to customers
- Once an offer is accepted, the job is booked through the platform
- Following the event, images are delivered electronically to the customers through a Canon customer portal
The service will be brand agnostic, so even if you’re not a Canon shooter, you’ll still be able to use the service. The service is expected to go live in a limited number of markets starting in Q1 2020. At the time of launch, the service will be limited to residents of the following states: Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
There’s no word yet on whether Image Connect will be available outside the United States. We have contact Canon for clarification and will update this article accordingly when we hear back.
Author: Go to Source