Tether Tools has introduced a new device that enables users to create a wireless connection between their camera and theirfavoritee tethering software, and which avoids the use of hot folders and middleman applications for camera controls.
The new Air Direct allows a much wider range of camera models and brands to be used than the company’s current Air Case, and enables tethering software applications to operate as if the camera were connected with a cable.
The idea is that those using software applications such as Capture One Pro can use the software’s tethering functions as normal, with the system sending live previews to the software and the software controlling the camera’s operation. While the Tether Tools Air Case was a Nikon/Canon-only device, the new Air Direct will work with Fujifilm, Olympus, Panasonic and Sony cameras as well — so long as they are compatible with the software in use. Canon and Nikon owners will also be able to tether via smartphones and tablets using the existing Air Remote App.
The new device uses twin antennas to send and receive data to and from the camera via 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11AC Wi-Fi networks, which Tether Tools claims, along with a USB-C cable, allows a transfer connection 5x faster than before. Air Direct has a range of 200ft/60m and can send both Raw and JPEG files to PC and Mac computers simultaneously. Battery or DC powered, the Air Direct doesn’t drain camera power and can be run using an external battery pack via the USB-C connection.
The Tether Tools Air Direct will cost £358.80/$329.99. For more information see the Tether Tools website.
Tether Tools Air Direct
Shoot further, faster, from anywhere, to any tethering software of choice.
Air Direct wirelessly transfers RAW and JPG images to Capture One, SmartShooter, Lightroom and others, as if you were shooting with a cable. Connect DSLR, Medium Format and Mirrorless cameras direct to any supported tethering software.
- Wireless camera control and transfer from your software. No compromises. Capture One, Lightroom, Smart Shooter, DarkRoom & many other tethering software programs.
- USB-C technology for lightning fast transfer.
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi connection. Internet access not required.
- Two-way communication from computer to camera, camera to computer.
- Transfer Raw and JPEG to Mac and PC simultaneously.
- One to One camera connection for secure communication.
- 5X faster transfer speed and range up to 200 feet (60m).
- Compatible with Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic LUMIX, Phase One, Hasselblad, Leica models with USB tether. Not designed for non-supported camera models.
- Mobile users enjoy all the benefits of the Air Remote App on iOS and Android devices.
- Powered by easy access LP-E6 battery or DC input. Air Direct utilizes its own power source and will not drain the camera’s battery. For longer shoots, use large external USB batteries or AC wall power via the supplied DC cable. Air Direct offers the flexibility to hot swap power without ever shutting down. Power and shoot simultaneously.
The Air Direct Utility or ADU allows for Wireless PTP communication between camera and tethering software on MacOS or Windows. Supported cameras: www.TetherTools.com/Air-Direct
Tethering software of your choice such as Capture One, Smart Shooter 4 or Lightroom and many others can be used with Air Direct. (Required for MAC and PC)
Air Direct is compatible with iOS and Android devices for Canon and Nikon cameras via Air Remote Mobile App. (Logo/Icon)
Air Remote App features creative zone control, live view, bracketing, time-lapse, focus stacking, bulb time, movie mode and more.
The Air Direct offers two ways to wirelessly tether your camera.
Connect the Air Direct to your PC or Mac via the Air Direct Utility (ADU) and use tethering software of your choice, OR
Connect the Air Direct to your mobile device (phone or tablet) and tether with the Air Remote App.*
*Note: Connecting the Air Direct to your mobile device phone or tablet) is compatible with Canon and Nikon cameras only
at this time.
- USB Protocol: USB-C
- Wi-Fi: 802.11AC
- Bandwidth: 2.4 and 5GHz
- Range: up to 200 feet (60m)
- Battery Life: 3-5 hours*
- Size: 1.5″ x 3.6″ x 2.7″ (39mm x 92mm x 68.6mm)
- Weight: 6oz (170g)
*Results may vary based on phone, tablet, or computer used.
Author: Go to Source