Blackmagic Design has announced a new firmware update for its Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K systems. that brings new features and functionality. Blackmagic Camera 6.6 mainly focuses on the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (BMPCC4K), but also adds a few features to the newer Pocket Cinema Camera 6K (BMPCC6K) camera as well.
New Blackmagic Camera 6.6 Update! Get anamorphic de-squeeze options, on-screen horizon tool, custom frame guides and support for the Blackmagic Pocket Battery Grip on all Pocket Cinema Camera models, along with Super 16mm and anamorphic Blackmagic RAW recording on the 4K model. pic.twitter.com/019E7FUyFG
— Blackmagic Design (@Blackmagic_News) October 24, 2019
For the BMPCC6K, the Blackmagic Camera 6.6 update adds support for the Blackmagic Pocket Battery Grip, language localization, a built-in camera horizon tool, ‘pinch-to-zoom’ magnification up to 8x, USB PTP control support, the ability to type in customized frame guide ratio and improved autofocus performance.
The BMPCC4K receives all of the above features the BMPCC6K received with the Blackmagic Camera 6.6 update, as well as a slew of other new features. Below is a full list of the new features in the update for the BMPCC4K:
• Added support for 4K 2.4:1 4096 x 1712 recording in Blackmagic RAW up to 75 fps.
• Added support for 2.6K 2688 x 1512 up to 120 fps recording in Blackmagic RAW suitable for Super16mm lenses.
• Added support for 2.8K 4:3 2880 x 2160 recording in Blackmagic RAW up to 80 fps for anamorphic lenses.
• Added support for 2x desqueeze preview when recording 4K 4:3.
• Added support for 1.33x desqueeze preview.
• Added support for pinch to zoom up to 8x magnification.
• Added USB PTP control support.
• Added ability to embed custom 3D LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips as metadata.
• Added common off-speed frame rate options above slider when changing frames.
• Added common ISO options above slider when changing ISO settings.
• Added 1:1 and 4:5 frame guide options.
• Added ability to monitor voltage level when powering via 12V DC connector.
The Blackmagic Camera 6.6 update is available to download for free through Blackmagic’s support page. You can find the links about half-way down the page under the far-left section that reads ‘Latest Downloads.’
Author: Go to Source